Guest post from Beautiful Textures™ Celebrity Stylist Felicia Leatherwood
It’s been said that fall is “a second spring where every leaf is a flower.” Summer may be coming to an end, but fall is a season of promise and a great time to consider a new hair style to usher in the “second spring.” Proper hair care and maintenance are essential to looking good and to maintaining overall hair health. “Hair whisperer” and stylist to the stars Felicia Leatherwood is working with Beautiful Textures™ to offer up a variety of tips to ensure that your hair is at its best for the new season. Humidity? Not a problem. Sun exposure? Covered. Dryness? Moisture is on tap, thanks to Beautiful Textures’ innovative hair care solutions for women with curly, kinky, coily or relaxed hair.
- Up the moisture, say good bye to dry. Use moisturizing shampoos and conditioners to avoid breakage.
- Read labels and avoid hair products containing alcohol and other drying ingredients.
- Make timefor deep conditioning treatments. Despite the warmer temperatures of late summer and early fall, textured hair requires extra moisture at this time now more than ever.
- Be good to your ends, get regular trims and in between use products enriched with ingredients like jojoba oil.
- Protect, protect, protect. Limit use of heated hairstyling tools and if you must, use a leave-in conditioner for added protection.
- Take a break from regular shampooing to allow hair to absorb natural oils. When you do shampoo be sure to finish with a cool rinse to seal the hair cuticle.
- Consider a new approach to managing your hair texture. Try Beautiful Texture’s new Beautiful Textures Naturally Straight Texture Manageability System™. This allows you to manage your hair texture your way with a simple four-step process that can be done at home without harsh chemicals.
- Say goodbye to frizz and control your curls. Despite our best efforts, curly hair styles can easily become frizzy without the proper preparation. Consider lightweight curl products such as Beautiful Textures Curl Definer.
- Shine, shine, shine. Whether it’s sunny or showering, hair should be shiny and glossy. Make dull locks shine with treatment aids that also promote growth. Try Beautiful Textures signature Shine & Silken Growth Oil.
- Stay hydrated – healthy hair begins from the inside. Drink plenty of water to promote healthy skin, hair and scalp.